Pricing & availability
4 bedrooms, sleeps 8
Notes on prices
- Price includes:
- Compulsory extras:
- Optional extras:
- Security deposit:
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Arrival and departure:
- Fortnight booking restriction: No
WHAT MAKES VILLA NIVELLE A GREAT HOLIDAY RENTAL
- New build, contemporary villa
- Heated private swimming pool
- 4 en-suite bedrooms
- 10 minute drive into gorgeous St Jean de Luz
Good for one family especially if you have grand parents as there's a ground floor bedroom too.
Outside the summer season the venue works well for couples who want to explore the Basque Country or play golf - this would be an excellent base.
- Toddlers - enclosed garden with areas to play. Heated pool. St Jean de Luz beach is excellent for young ones.
- Teenagers - quiet location but close to the coast for surfing, shopping, etc. Tennis, golf, surfing, tennis & horse-riding nearby.
- Reduced mobility - one ground-floor bedroom
ANYTHING TO WATCH OUT FOR?All 4 bedrooms have double beds.
WHY ST JEAN DE LUZ?One of our favourites. A colourful and proudly Basque fishing port and holiday resort. A superb & safe town beach, excellent for the 'little ones'.
New-build 200m2 contemporary villa with 4 en-suite bedrooms in a peaceful location just a short drive into St Jean de Luz centre
Constructed in 2014 in neo-Basque style, light and spacious and with wonderful mountain views.
- Open-plan living room combining lounge, dining area and kitchen opening to the terrace.
- Bedroom 1 - 140cm double bed with en-suite (bath, wash-hand basin)
- Separate WC
- Bedroom 2 - 160cm double bed with en-suite shower room
- Bedroom 3 - 140cm double bed with en-suite shower room
- Bedroom 4 - master bedroom 160cm double bed, mountain views, en-suite bathroom (bath & shower)
- Separate WC
The villa is located in a peaceful semi-countryside setting joining onto open fields. In total the plot is around 1500m2 and includes a back garden plus private swimming pool 8x4m.
4 x doubles
4 x en-suites
8x4m heated pool, protected by cover
- washing machine
- fridge freezer
- coffee maker
- iron & ironing board
- tv with french channels
- bbq or plancha
- parking space
No pets & no smoking
Villa Nivelle is situated in a semi-countryside location 5.5 km from the heart of St Jean de Luz - allow 10 minutes to drive and be parked. As such, you can very easily enjoy the beach, boutiques and restaurants of the town but retreat a short distance to some peace and privacy at the end of each day. There are activities nearby: horse-riding centre 500m; golf course & tennis centre 3 km; municipal indoor swimming pool 2.5 km.
For days out, you can quickly access the autroute or even the train station at St Jean de Luz for trips into Spain (San Sebastian and Bilbao) and Biarritz.
Nearest village / town: St Jean de Luz (5 km)
Nearest beach: St-Jean-de-Luz (6 km)
Boulangerie: Ascain (3 km) or St Jean de Luz outskirts (4 km)
Restaurant: Ascain (3 km) & St Jean de Luz (5 km)
Market: St Jean de Luz 6 km
Distance to nearest major transport connections
- Biarritz airport: 25 km
- Bilbao airport: 135 km
- Bilbao ferry port: 133 km
- Santander ferry port: 231 km
- St Malo ferry port: 745 km
- Calais ferry/tunnel port: 1090 km
Things to do and see
- An evening stroll of St Jean de Luz's bustling streets, before drinks & supper!
- Sampling the pintxos - Basque tapas - in St Jean de Luz or Ciboure old town
- Catching a game of Basque pelote at one of the village frontons
- A day out at Wow! Park in Urrugne
- A visit to Ainhoa or Sare - both 'picture perfect' Basque Country villages
- 18 holes at gorgeous Golf de Chantaco - then lunch in the clubhouse
- A day's hiking in the western Pyrenees, uncluding an auberge lunch-stop.
- Spa & thalassotherapy
- Pelote Basque
- Boat trips
Day Trip Ideas
- Tour Basque Country villages: Ascain, Ainhoa, Sare, Espelette
- Visit Bayonne, the under-rated ‘capital’ of the Pays Basque
- Cross the border into Spain - San Sebastian, Pamplona & the Guggenheim
- Explore the Pyreneees National Park for its wildlife, walks & scenery
- Taste the glitz & glamour of 'Belle-Epoque' Biarritz
The Local Area
St Jean de Luz: whether its beaches, boutiques, culture, restaurants or festivals you are looking for, this town is hard to beat. Stylish but without the pretence of the Riviera, St Jean is an authentic and colourful seaside town and working fishing port. It has plenty to offer discerning visitors of all ages. In particular, this is a great place to eat out - St Jean de Luz is recognised as the capital of Basque cuisine and is noted for its seafood (it is one of Rick Stein’s favourite places).
Surfing St Jean de Luz & Hendaye Plage
- Options for beginners & experts
- Hendaye best for family surf - nice beach break
- More advanced reef breaks north of St Jean
- Or try the big one - Belharra!
- Hendaye for families & body-boarders
Golf in French Basque Country
- Nearest course - Nivelle 3km
- Beautiful Golf de Chantaco 5km
- Several courses around Biarritz
- Golf passes available
- South west France is where golf began in continental Europe
Kids will love Wow! Park near Urrugne - an adventure park for all ages.
Cycling, MTB & Hiking is a passion in this corner of France. The Basque Country offers great road biking and there are superb off-road MTB trails too. Hiking routes are plentiful, whether it's a family walking trail or a serious 'GR' expedition! You can hire bikes in St Jean de Luz.
Diving is a speciality of the Basque coast. Dive schools at Socoa 3km, also schools at Hendaye Plage.
Horse-riding and trekking is also popular in the rolling Basque Country hills.
More St Jean de Luz Rentals
More St Jean de Luz Accommodation
More St Jean de Luz Self Catering
More St Jean de Luz Villas
More St Jean de Luz Villas With Pools
More Luxury Villas in St Jean de Luz
Customer Reviews By Feefo
No reviews yet.