Pricing & availability
Villa la Rhune
6 bedrooms, sleeps 10
Notes on prices
- Price includes: Bed linen, bathroom & pool towels (weekly change) & weekly cleaning
- Compulsory extras:
- Optional extras: Daily house-keeping available
- Security deposit: EUR 1500
- Changeover day: Saturday in August
- Arrival and departure: Arrival from 5pm, departure by 10am
- Fortnight booking
restriction: 1 to 22 August
WHAT MAKES VILLA LA RHUNE A GREAT HOLIDAY RENTAL?
The principal draw of Villa la Rhune is location: it's perfect for those who want privacy, peace & tranquility whilst being in easy striking distance of the bustling coast.
- Less than 10 mins' drive to the pretty seaside resort of Saint Jean de Luz
- 14m heated swimming pool
- Top floor devoted to the fabulous master bedroom suite
- Stunning views - best enjoyed from the south-facing upper terrace
- enjoy hiking routes from your door step
- Incredibly spacious with 450m2 floorspace
- Relax in the peaceful, natural surroundings
- Two families or an extended family
- Friends or couples here to enjoy the authenticity of the Basque Country, experience its wonderful food or play some golf
- Toddlers - Good: large & private grounds but note there is a stream at the border of the grounds, approx 25 metres from the villa. St Jean de Luz has a fantastic child-friendly beach
- Teenagers - OK: they'll love the villa but they'll need a lift into town...
- Reduced mobility - OK: whilst the accommodation is multi-level, there is wheelchair access to the upper level where there is a bedroom
ANYTHING TO WATCH OUT FOR?
- Car essential
- Whilst there are beds for 12, the owner prefers groups of 10 max.
- There is a stream at the boundary of the property, some 25 metres from the house
WHY ST JEAN DE LUZ & THE BASQUE COAST?
With its beautiful crescent of sandy beach, the bay of St Jean de Luz is a real draw for family holidays. But there's much more to the town than this. It's the culinary capital of French Basque Country with its fishing port serving up the daily catch (thon basquaise - Basque-style tuna - is the town's signature dish) there are many excellent restaurants to choose from. Add to this a gorgeous covered market, side streets lined with independent boutiques, plus hotels specalising in spa & well-being treatements - this is a fabulous destination for couples all year round.
High quality eco-friendly villa with 450m2 accommodation in highly secluded 1.7 ha grounds
Villa la Rhune is a quality holiday villa offering vast accommodation and equipped to a high standard. The owners live here 8-10 months of the year and this helps give the villa an ambience of warmth and conviviality, often lacking in modern holiday villas.
Guests will appreciate the quality of accommodation, the space, tranquility and views, knowing they are just a few minutes from St Jean de Luz's glorious beach, tempting boutiques and plentiful restaurants serving up delicious Basque dishes.
The villa's accommodation is spread over three levels which means that larger groups can easily find their privacy when needed, whilst the socialising spaces - inside and outside - allow family and friends to come together and share memorable holiday times.
Four bedrooms, all with a private bath or shower room and all opening to the south-facing terrace.
- Bedroom 1: good size children's room with a 160cm double + 90cm single bed, plus bathroom with bath, shower & hand-basin
- Bedroom 2: 180cm double bed plus shower room & hand-basin
- Bedroom 3: 140cm double + 80cm single bed, shower room & hand-basin
- Bedroom 4: 180cm double bed plus bathroom with bath, shower & double hand-basins
- 2 x separate WCs
- Laundry room
- Main entrance to the villa
- Vast double living room comprising principal lounge with flatscreen TV. From this room can be enjoyed views of the swimming pool, countryside, La Rhune. The room directly accesses the vast terrace
- Bedroom 5: 140cm double bed plus shower room with hand-basin
- Separate WC
- Fully-equipped kitchen with direct access to the terrace
- Dining area with table for 10
- Up a few steps to the top foor which is devoted to Bedroom 6 - the master bedroom suite 61m2 and featuring: 180cm double bed; dressing area; private south-facing terrace with views of La Rhune; TV; en-suite bathroom (bath, shower, WC, 2 x hand-basins)
Enjoy the natural surrounds and stunning views of La Rhune.
- 1.7 ha of private grounds
- South-facing 150m2 terrace with stunning views, outside dining table and comfortable outdoor furniture
- Heated infinity swimming pool 14 x 5.8m, protected by electric cover. The pool features a child-friendly corner platform with steps
- 6 x sun-loungers and 2 x sun umbrellas poolside
- Parking for several cars
- Note there is a stream at the boundary of the land, approx 25 metres from the property and down a steep bank
4 x doubles + 2 x with a double and a single bed
All 6 bedrooms have their own shower or bathroom
Heated 14 x 5.8m infinity pool protected by electric cover
- tumble dryer
- washing machine
- oven & hob
- fridge freezer
- coffee maker
- dvd player
- tv with French channels
- bbq or plancha
- parking space
Additional House Info
Eco-credentials: wood pellet central heating & solar panels
No smoking & no pets
The villa is situated in the rolling green coutnryside of the Pays Basque yet just minutes from the buzz of St Jean de Luz and the Basque coast. The location is very tranquil and private and affords stunning views of the hills, farms and distant mountains - in particular the peak of La Rhune. It's just under 10 minutes' drive into St Jean de Luz and less than that to the two local villages (Ascain and Urrugne) where you'll find shops for your daily supplies plus restaruants too. The Spanish border is in fact less than 5km from the villa. With the autoroute reached in around 5 mins it's also a great base to explore north (Biarritz & Bayonne) and south (San Sebastian, Bilbao and Pamplona).
Nearest village / town: Saint-Jean-de-Luz 8km
Nearest beach: Saint-Jean-de-Luz 8km
Boulangerie: Urrugne or Ascain 5km
Restaurant: 2km local restaurant plus Ascain & Urrugne (5km) and Saint-Jean-de-Luz 8km
Market: Saint-Jean-de-Luz 8km
Distance to nearest major transport connections
- Biarritz airport: 25mins (24km)
- Bilbao airport: 1hr 35mins (134km)
- Bordeaux airport: 2hr 15min (213km)
- St Jean de Luz train station: 14mins (7km)
- Biarritz train station: 23mins (23km)
- Bilbao ferry: 1hr 50mins (149km)
- Santandar ferry: 2hr 35mins(236km)
- St Malo ferry: 7hr 15mins (744km)
- Calais: 10hr 35mins (1081km)
Customer Reviews By Feefo
No reviews yet.