Pricing & availability
4 bedrooms, sleeps 8
Notes on prices
- Price includes: Pack of linen & towels (beds not made), final clean, parking
- Compulsory extras: Tourist tax paid in resort on arrival 0.80 euro pp/day ages 13+.
- Optional extras: Cot/high chair/buggy 21 euros each.
- Security deposit: EUR 800
- Changeover day: Saturday in July & August
- Arrival and departure: Arrival between 4-7pm & departure by 10am
- Fortnight booking restriction: No
What makes Villa Estival a great holiday rental
A modern and comfortable villa with private swimming pool and secluded plot bordering the pine forests. A great place to relax whilst offering easy access to Lacanau-Ocean's famous beaches, cycles paths, golf, tennis, and lake.
Ideal for two families or groups of friends visiting for the golf or surf.
- Toddlers - safe and quiet plot
- Teenagers - 2.5k from the centre so an easy cycle ride. Teens will love the surf and range of activities on offer.
- Reduced mobility - slope to access the villa means it is not suitable.
Anything to watch out for?
- The upstairs bedrooms are simply presented and furnished - ideal rooms for kids.
- Dining table and comfortable lounge seating for 6
Lacanau-Océan is an outdoor playground, offering a superb beach, lovely cycle trails, tennis, golf, surfing, water-skiing, sailing. In July & August there's lots going on in the day time and evenings, and quieter outside these months. Beaches stretch for miles, so finding your own patch at whatever time of year is not difficult. There's golf courses, horse-riding, tennis, watersports and an adventure park! The famous chateaux of the 'Medoc rouge' (the wine producing part), the Bay of Arcachon and Cap Ferret are all in easy reach.
Modern & practical holiday home with private swimming pool
The Eden Club estate of villas on the outskirts of Lacanau Ocean comprises 20-30 modern villas with pools.
The villa is furnished comfortably and practically for summer holidays by the beach. The villa offers 112m2 accommodation on two levels.
Inside - Ground Floor
- Front door entrance into the open-plan living/dining/kitchen room, approx 33m2
- Living area features two large sofas each seating 3, fireplace, flatscreen TV/DVD and access to the terrace and pool
- Dining area with table for 6
- Corner kitchen with breakfast bar and equipment including oven, dishwasher, ceramic hob & microwave
- Double bedroom (bed 160cm) with en-suite shower and double hand-basin
- Twin bedroom with 2 single beds (90cm) plus en-suite shower and basin
- Further two bedrooms both with twin beds (90cm) and sharing a balcony. These bedrooms are simply furnished and suitable for kids
- Family bathroom with bath and shower attachment
- Very secluded rear garden bordering the pine forest
- Super swimming pool 9m x 5m (unheated) with pool cover. Depth ranges from 0.70m - 1.80m. Open June-September.
- Terrace 17m2 with outside table and 4x sun-loungers
- Parking space at 25 metres from the house
1x double + 3x twins
2x en-suite shower rooms + 1x family bathroom
Private, unheated 9x5m. Depth range 0.70 - 1.80m, protected with cover. Open June - Sep.
- tumble dryer
- washing machine
- oven & hob
- fridge freezer
- coffee maker
- iron & ironing board
- dvd player
- tv with French channels
- tv with English-speaking channels
- bbq or plancha
- parking space
Additional House Info
Baby-changing unit in the villa.
A DVD player may be able to be arranged if required. 3G/4G wifi stick 6 eur/day - please pre-book.
No smoking. Pets - please enquire
The villa enjoys a secluded and peaceful position within the Eden Club villa estate in Lacanau Ocean. There are approximately 30 villas in total on the estate and Villa Estival enjoys one of the most private settings and borders the pine forest. Set in the pine trees, the estate is nicely tucked away from main roads in a safe and quiet environment. The ocean and lakes are close by as are many of Lacanau's excellent facilities. Within walking distance of the villa you will find: golf, tennis, riding stables, adventure park and balneotherapy centre.
Nearest village / town: Lacanau-Ocean 2.5 km
Nearest beach: Lacanau-Ocean Plage Sud 2km
Boulangerie: Lacanau-Ocean 2.5 km
Restaurant: A couple of hotel restaurants in walking distance and plenty of options at the sea-front. Plent of options in Lacanau-Ocean 2.5 km
Market: Lacanau-Ocean 2.5 km (summer only)
Distance to nearest major transport connections
- Bordeaux airport 57 km
- Bordeaux train station 66 km
- Bergerac airport 173 km
- St Malo ferry port 583 km
- Calais tunnel 908 km
Things to do and see
- Picnicking by the lac de Lacanau - find a shady spot and enjoy the tranquility
- Hit the beach late afternoon and stay for an evening gourmet picnic, like the French do, watching the sun go down
- Cycle rides along the forest trails - mainly flat, easy & very enjoyable
- Driving by some of the outlandish Medoc chateaux - impressive, and humbling
- For some real exhiliration try a surfing lesson, or just hire a body-board!
- Spa & thalassotherapy
- Adrenaline park
Day Trip Ideas
- Lacanau is also well-located for exploring further afield - many places of interest in this south-west corner of France are within an hour's drive:
- Tour and tasting around world-famous Medoc vineyards
- Boat trips along the Gironde and to the Phare de Courdouan
- Drive down to Cap Ferret, for oyster-tasting and to climb the lighthouse
- Spend a day strolling beautiful St Emilion (but get there early)
- Explore the narrow streets and squares of central Bordeaux and soak up the history
The Local Area
Lacanau is one big playground, ideally suited to active families/friends who want lots of outdoor activities rather than sophistication and culture.
- Surfing & body-boarding: excellent waves at Lacanau-Ocean, which every August hosts an edition of the world professional championship. Local surf clubs offer tuition for all levels and ages, plus board hire. Lacanau Surf Club
- Watersports: sailing, windsurfing, water-skiing and kayaking at the local lakes. Domaine Departemental de Sports and de Loisirs de Bombannes - known as "Bombannes" for short (the French like to over-elaborate names where possible!) is situated in the heart of the pine forest, on the Lac d'Hourtin-Carcans, 15kms from Lacanau. This is one of France's premier leisure resorts with a varied choice of activities focusing on waterports. There's also a gym, tennis, rock-climbing wall, archery, Basque pelote, sauna & hammam, children's leisure area.Ocean beaches: wide, sandy Atlantic beaches are long enough that you can always find a quiet spot to yourself even in high summer just a short way away form the centre of town.
- Golf: the Lacanau-Ardilouse Golf Course is on your doorstep (18 holes; par 72, 5,926 m). Designed in 1980 by John Harris, it is a very enjoyable course, built on undulating terrain among pine forest and sand-dunes. There is also a driving range and practice green, a pro-shop offering equipment, advice and lessons, plus a clubhouse serving drinks, snacks and a full lunch-time menu. Lacanau is also home to the 9 hole Golf de la Mejanne (par 36, 3,209 m) and Golf du Baganais (par 27, 910m) courses. Two top quality courses are found 45 kms away at the highly-rated Golf du Medoc: les Chateaux and les Vignes. Further courses at Arcachon, Gujan-Mestras and around Bordeaux. Lacanau Ardilouse also participates in the Medoc Golf Pass scheme with Golf de Margaux and the two courses at Golf du Medoc.
- Cycling and hiking trails: over 120 kms of safe cycle tracks lead through the forests up and down this stretch of coast, from Carcans-Maubuisson north of Lacanau, all the way, ultimately, to the Pointe de Cap Ferret to the south. Several local bike hire shops, it's a lovely way to get around.
- Horse-riding: Lacanau counts two major equestrian centres each offering tuition and trails through the local forests.
- Local lakes: are a great opportunity for whiling away the hours in tranquility, listening to the water lapping the sandy shores. The surrounding forest are perfect for picnics and rambling. The lake beach at Moutchic is popular, but Longarisse is the one the locals go to!
- Tennis: Ardilouse Tennis Centre is 500m and offers 16 courts (4 indoor) and 2 squash courts. Book on-site at the Club House. Group and one-to-one courses available.
More Lacanau Rentals
- Balneotherapy: Centre de Balneotherapie Vitalparc - 600m. There are various courses of treatments available - book in advance (please ask us for contact details).
Customer Reviews By Feefo
Review posted on 18 Aug 2016
Service: Great service both before and after the holiday
Product: Good pool and outside space, wifi extra but worked well (4G rather than Broadband), 5 minutes drive to town/beaches
Maintenance could have been better - path to villa broken/uneven so difficult for elderly and/or cases, outdoor furniture and bbqs dirty etc. Also beds are not made on arrival and no welcome pack/toilet roll etc so you need to arrive prepared!
On 19-Aug-2016 we responded:
Service Comment: Really appreciate the positive feedback, esp. for our service - we've followed up straight away about your maintenance points as you are right to expect better, we do too. Unmade beds on arrival is unusual, we've made this clearer on the website. Delighted you had another good trip to Lacanau, hope to hear from you again next year!