Pricing & availability
4 bedrooms, sleeps 9
Notes on prices
- Price includes: Beds made for arrival, bathroom towels, welcome basket, toiletries
- Compulsory extras: None.
- Optional extras: Concierge services, eg restaurant bookings, in-villa services (chef, yoga, massage), activity bookings etc. Late arrival (after 8pm), cleaning & baby-sitting.
- Security deposit: Amount tbc
- Changeover day: Saturday in July & August, flexible at other times of the year (subject to availability)
- Arrival and departure: Arrival is from 5pm-8pm, departure by 10am please
- Fortnight booking restriction: No
What Makes Villa Olea A Great Holiday Rental
- Modern & well-equipped Ile de Ré villa with pool
- Roomy & relaxing open-plan design
- Spacious pool terrace with BBQ, outdoor dining and hot tub
- Walk or quick bike to shops, restaurants & beautiful harbour
- Wonderful island destination known for cycle trails, watersports & seafood
A good quality holiday villa with pool near the beach & all the Ile de Ré's amenities, very well-suited to two families sharing - double + twin/triple bedrooms downstairs & upstairs. Would also suit one extended family or a group of friends/couples.
- Toddlers: ground floor accommodation is level, pool has a hard safety cover; hot tub; children's bedroom is upstairs.
- Teenagers: They will love the pool terrace and proximity to the beach. Wifi. Cycling & watersports.
- Reduced mobility: two bedrooms and a walk-in shower on the ground floor.
Anything To Watch Out For?
The sitting/TV area would beneft from more seating but otherwise no.
Why The Ile de Ré?
The Ile de Ré is a stylish, authentic & easily accessible island known for its charming seaside villages, huge network of cycle trails, lovely beaches, seafood and water sports, with a distinctive natural landscape of salt marshes, oyster farms and ancient woods. Now officially part of Aquitaine, where it fits perfectly!
La Flotte is a charming seaside village on the Ile de Ré's northern coastline, known for a beautiful harbour, historic centre of pedestrianised alleys and centuries-old buildings, lovely sandy beach, and the best food hall on the island.
Spacious, convivial & well-equipped villa with pool
Villa Olea is a bright & contemporary villa, with nice touches of Ile de Ré character. At 170m2 inside it is a very good size, plus has the benefit of an extensive outdoor terrace, lots of space for dining, sunbathing & dipping in & out of the pool. The décor is smart, contemporary, with splashes of colour to add warmth & contrast. Furnishing & equipment are very good quality.
The downstairs living room is a large L-shaped open-plan area with smart kitchen at one end (very well-equipped - see Equipment for details), dining area with table & chairs for 8-9, and sitting room / TV corner with sofa seating 3-4, where there is also a large flat-screen TV and DVD player.
The room has lots of natural light from large glass sliding doors open on to the terrace on two sides of the dining area, plus large kitchen windows also overlooking the terrace.
There are two bedrooms and a bathroom on the ground floor:
• Master double bedroom, with 180cm x 200cm bed, French doors opening on to the terrace
• Twin bedroom, with 2 single beds (90cm x 190cm), also open on to the terrace via French doors
• Bathroom with bath and walk-in shower
Also on the ground floor is a laundry room with washing machine & dryer, and garage.
On the first floor are two more bedrooms & bathroom:
• Double Room, with 180cm x 200cm double bed
• Triple room, 1 single bed and 2 bunk beds, all 90 x 190 cm
• Shower room with walk-in shower
All the bedrooms have large wardrobes & plenty of hanging space.
Outside is a lovely sunny terrace, fully enclosed (walled on two sides and fenced on the third). There is a heated pool (7m x 3.5m), 6-person hot tub, barbecue, large dining table with giant parasol, and 6 sunloungers.
2 bedrooms with large double beds (180cm x 200cm), one twin bedroom (2 x 90x190cm beds), one triple bedroom (3x 90x190cm bed, single + bunks)
1 bathroom with bath tub & separate shower, 1 shower room
7m x 3.5m pool, heated April-September, with electric hard cover
- washing machine
- oven & hob
- fridge freezer
- coffee maker
- dvd player
- tv with French channels
- bbq or plancha
- parking space
No pets & no smoking please
Villa Olea is on a residential lane on the outskirts of La Flotte village, 150m from the coast path at the end of the road, 1 km from La Flotte centre, harbour, shops & restaurants. It's a bit further on to La Flotte beach, 1.5 kms away. Most guests hire bikes - it's a short ride to all the local amenities, and easy to access the island's wonderful cycle trail network.
Nearest village / town: La Flotte (1 km)
Nearest beach: La Flotte (1.5 kms), coast path 200m
Boulangerie: La Flotte 1 km
Restaurant: La Flotte 1 km
Market: La Flotte 1 km
Distance to nearest major transport connections
- La Rochelle airport 20 kms
- Nantes airport 160 kms
- St Malo ferry 350 kms
- Paris 500 kms
- Calais ferry/tunnel 750 kms
Things to do and see
- Seafood on a quayside table at a La Flotte or St Martin de Ré bistro
- Cycle to Le Bois Plage for sunbathing and a play in the waves
- Cycle ride between Loix & St Martin or La Couarde & Ars, through salt marshes & oyster beds
- Stock up for a gourmet picnic at La Flotte food hall - best on the island
- Sunset at the gorgeous Plage de la Conche at Les Portes
- Boat trips
Day Trip Ideas
The island can easily be explored in a half-day bike ride and offers much variety that most people come to the island to stay! If you do fancy a change of scenery for a trip or two there are a couple of worthwhile boat tours:
- Ile d'Aix - a 3 km, entirely car-free island between the Iles de Ré and d'Oléron, with the distinction of two lighthouses
- La Rochelle - much better to go by boat than car, and a fabulous place to visit, especially the medieval old town, fort, marina and main square
The Local Area
La Flotte is a charming and historic port on the iland's north coast, known for a beautiful harbour surround by restaurant terraces, a network of pedestrianised alleys and character buildings housing boutiques & galleries, a lovely food hall and fabulous sandy beach. It's a smaller version of the better-known neighbour, St Martin de Ré.
Overall, the Ile de Ré is a perfectly preserved island paradise with great beaches, lovely seaside villages and a chic atmosphere, lying just off La Rochelle mid-way down the Atlantic coast. It's an excellent choice for family holidays or for couples.
Some 30kms long, it has a distinctive, naturally beautiful landscape. The south side of the island is fringed by sandy beaches; the north side is all oyster farms, salt marshes and inlets plus a couple of glorious harbours - St Martin and La Flotte.
Despite its recent growth as a chic holiday resort, the island still boasts a thriving working life, and the villages have retained their authentic French feel - they are true villages-by-the-sea. As well as tourism oysters, mussels, wine and asparagus are the chief products of the island.
The villages are amazingly charming and pretty - low-rise, whitewashed houses, terracotta roofs, shutters in subtle shades of green-and-blues, nothing over-manicured.
There are 60 kms of cycle paths, and the flat landscape makes it easy-going for gentle rides from village-to-village. It's the best way to explore the island, and hiring is easy.
There are lots of spots for sailing, windsurfing, kite-surfing, paddle-boarding and surfing too. Equipment hire and lessons are widely available. Foodies are very well catered-for, good restaurants abound and the village food markets are a delight.
A few island highlights:
» St Martin de Ré - the island's capital - is a mecca for yacht-owners who spend a few hours ashore indulging in the harbour's seafood restuarants and brocantes (do we sound jealous?). If ever St Martin de Ré is too crowded, La Flotte is a smaller, less well-known version and not to be missed.
» Aside from La Flotte, the best beaches are on the south at La Couarde, Le Bois Plage and Sainte Marie de Ré. There are some good surf spots along this stretch of coast too.
» The lighthouse Phare des Baleines is worth a detour too - the views are wonderful and the clear waters will lure you in for a swim soon after!
» The ride to from la Couarde to Ars en Ré is lovely. Follow the track around the salt marshes into the pleasant village square for refreshments.
» Every village has its enticing galleries and homeware boutiques, lovely to browse. Allowing some luggage space for your purchases on the journey home is recommended.
More Ile de Re Rentals
Customer Reviews By Feefo
No reviews yet.