Pricing & availability
3 bedrooms, sleeps 6
Notes on prices
- Price includes: NB: Books Sunday - Sunday. Rental price includes linen (made beds) and bathroom towels, tea towels, pool towels, exit clean, tourist tax, change of linen and light clean for stays of two weeks or more
- Compulsory extras:
- Optional extras:
- Security deposit: None
- Changeover day: Sunday
- Arrival and departure: Arrival 17h - 19h, departure by 10h
- Fortnight booking restriction: No
WHAT MAKES VILLA NOSYBÉ A GREAT HOLIDAY RENTAL:
- 3min walk to the local sandy beach of Les Grenettes
- 5min cycle ride to La Noue square (market, restaurants, daily shops, bike hire)
- Contemporary-style interior with new kitchen and modern furnishings
- Wifi and Bose sound system
- Small private pool to cool off in the summer months
The villa works best for a family with younger children and the space suits a family of four. Equally, Nosybé is an optimum size for a couple looking for a villa with its own pool (it's often the case that if you want a private pool then you have to rent a villa larger than you really need).
- Toddlers: very good > cot & high chair availalbe; safe beach just a short walk; pool is close to the house but does have electric cover
- Teenagers: good > wifi in the villa; walk to beach for body-boarding; quiet neighbourhood with limited nightlife
- Reduced mobility: good > accommodation all on ground level (and flat plot) but rooms are tight for space
ANYTHING TO WATCH OUT FOR:
- The accommodation is compact as is the garden & pool
- Just the one WC in the villa
- Please note that this villa books Sunday - Sunday
In light of the above we recommend the villa works better for a family of four (rather than the full occupancy of 6 guests).
WHY LES GRENETTES & ILE DE RÉ:
A chic and understated island destination connected by bridge from La Rochelle. Known for a lovely climate and authentically French, almost Mediterranean, feel. Dotted with charming harbour towns and character villages, connected by an extensive network of cycle trails which criss-cross the island through fields & vineyards, woodland and salt-marshes. It offers something for everyone: markets, boutiques, watersports (esp. sailing, surfing, paddle-boarding, kite-surfing), markets & food halls, fantastic choice of restaurants. And Les Grenettes is a peaceful less-well-known beach district in the village of sainte-Marie-de-Ré. This is a quiet part of the island and a peaceful retreat after busy days out discovering the island.
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH SIMPSON TRAVEL
Villa Nosybé is also available to book via the Simpson Travel website.
Read more about our partnership with Simpson Travel.
Compact & contemporary beach villa ideal for a family of four or for a couple
2019 new-build villa with 85m2 accommodation all on ground floor.
In case you were wondering, Nosybé derives from the Madagascan island of Nosy Be, a favourite destination of the villa's owners. In fact the neighbouring villa is under the same ownership and the plot was formerly the site of one of the island's few discotheques - apparently it's a well-known location on the island! It seems a little incongruous with the peaceful, residential surroundings and no doubt the locals are quite happy with the change.
You will see from the picture gallery that Nosybé takes a very modern touch to beach living. Everything is brand new (as of 2019) and the open-plan living room is particularly stylish.
Expect a clean & modern style and compact accommodation suitable for a family of two adults and two kids - the house will sleep 6 guests but bear in mind it's a relatively small property (85m2) with just one WC.
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen 32m2 opening to terrace
- Stylish & modern interior
- Kitchen/dining table for 6
- Kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, Nespresso
- Bedroom 1: 160cm double with en-suite shower and access to terrace
- Bedroom 2: 160cm bed that can divide into 2 x 80cm singles), access to terrrace
- Bedroom 3: 180cm bed that can divide into 2 x 90cm singles), French doors to garden
- Shower room shared by bedrooms 2 & 3
- Separate WC
- Bose sound system
- Small pool 6 x 3m, heated with electric cover, corner steps
- Terrace with outside table & parasol
- Pool, terrace & garden is south-facing
- Sun-loungers x 4
- Off-street parking for 2 cars
- Weber BBQ
1 x 160cm double + 2 x doubles that can divide into singles (one 160cm, one 180cm)
1 x en-suite shower room 1 x separate shower room
Small heated swimming pool 6m x 3m, electric cover, corner steps
- washing machine
- oven & hob
- fridge freezer
- coffee maker
- iron & ironing board
- music dock/speaker
- tv with French channels
- bbq or plancha
- parking space
- high chair
- hair dryer
No smoking. Pets - please enquire
Nosybé is on a small-ish plot amongst the pine trees of Les Grenettes, a quiet residential beach district of Saint-Marie village. There's a few dozen houses and a holiday park here and it very much feels like holiday-home-at-the-seaside territory. The local beach - Plage des Grenettes - is a something of a locals' favourite: it's not one of the island's best-known and so it tends not to receive a big influx of tourists. Like much of the island, Les Grenettes has a laid-back vibe with its low-density single storey homes. The beach is just a couple of hundred metres away. For daily supplies and eating out, head to La Noue square which is little more than 5mins on bikes. Les Grenettes is also well-placed to access the island's cycle paths for exploring further afield - Saint-Martin and La Flotte are just a short bike ride away on the north coast whilst the villages and beaches of Le Bois Plage and La Couarde are a similar short distance up the coast on the south side of the island.
Nearest village / town: Les Grenettes (Sainte-Marie-de-Ré)
Nearest beach: Les Grenettes 3min walk (200m)
Boulangerie: La Noue 6min (2km) cycle ride
Restaurant: La Noue 6min (2km) cycle ride
Market: La Noue 6min (2km) cycle ride
Distance to nearest major transport connections
- La Rochelle airport - 22min drive (15km)
- Nantes airport - 2hr drive (153km)
- Bordeaux airport - 2hr10min drive (213km)
- La Rochelle TGV train station - 32min drive (27km)
- St Malo ferry port - 4hr drive (335km)
- Calais terminal - 7hrn drive (717km)
Customer Reviews By Feefo
No reviews yet.