Pricing & availability
Villa Les Portes
5 bedrooms, sleeps 11
Notes on prices
- Price includes: Beds made for arrival, bathroom towels, welcome basket, toiletries
- Compulsory extras: None.
- Optional extras: Concierge services, eg restaurant bookings, in-villa services (chef, yoga, massage), activity bookings etc. Late arrival (after 8pm), cleaning & baby-sitting.
- Security deposit: EUR 2000
- Changeover day: Saturday in July & August, flexible the rest of the year
- Arrival and departure: Arrival is from 5pm-8pm, departure by 10am please
- Fortnight booking restriction: No
What Makes Villa Les Portes A Great Holiday Rental
- Smart, spacious & private villa
- Sought-after village location
- Short walk to lovely sandy beach, restaurants, boutiques & market
- Fabulous area for cycle trails, water sports & seafood
- Ile de Ré known for its chic, authentic & laid-back way of life
An extended family, two families or group of friends looking for a high standard of accomodation in a fabulous island destination full of charming villages-by-the-sea. Anyone who likes Cap Ferret will love it here too.
- Toddlers: heated pool with electric cover; lots of level outside space; fully enclosed garden
- Teenagers: will appreciate wifi & pool; easy access to beach & watersports; safe area to explore independently; Ile de Ré offers limited nightlife
- Reduced mobility: level access, ground floor living areas plus two ground floor bedrooms with ensuite showers
Anything To Watch Out For?
No - if we were to design the ideal family villa it would look a lot like this!
Why the Ile de Ré?
The Ile de Ré is a stylish, authentic & easily accessible island known for its charming seaside villages, huge network of cycle trails, lovely beaches, seafood and water sports, with a distinctive natural landscape of salt marshes, oyster farms and ancient woods. Now officially part of Aquitaine, where it fits perfectly!
New, spacious, very well-equipped villa with pool just 150m from the beach
Villa Les Portes is a welcoming & convivial holiday home, ideal for larger groups looking for very comfortable and homely place to stay. The decor is smart, contemporary, with vibrant touches of colour. Large living areas open on to the large terrace via wide sliding doors giving the villa a lovely open feel.
Comfortable & spacious sitting troom, two sofas plus chairs, wall-mounted flat screen TV, fireplace, large sliding doors open on to the patio
Dining room & open-plan kitchen, which can be open to lounge via large internal sliding doors, with dining table (seats 8-10), breakfast bar & 4 stools
The fully-equipped kitchen is bright, modern & fully equipped (pls see Equipment for full details)
There are three bedrooms downstairs:
- Spacious master bedroom with 160cm double bed, ensuite bathroom (bath & shower), doors opening on to the terrace
- Two further double bedrooms, one with a 160cm double bed and one with a 140cm double bed, also both opening onto the terrace and each with its own shower room
Downstairs utility room.
- Double room (bed 140) with en-suite shower room, with cot available
- Children's room with two bunk beds plus a single bed, en-suite shower room
The vast outside terrace is as much a living area as the indoor living rooms. The teak-decked terrace extends for 150m2, with access from the living room, kitchen & downstairs bedrooms. It is a private & sheltered area which is not overlooked. The swimming pool is 8mx4m, heated, and equipped with a rolling shutter for security. Outdoor shower. A covered area of the terrace houses a summer dining/kitchen area with plancha (electric barbecue) and long table seating 10. Ample loungers, outdoor chairs and garden bean bags (fat boys) are also provided around the pool.
4 double bedrooms, 1 with bunk beds plus single bed
All ensuite - 4 shower rooms, one bathroom with shower attachment
Heated 8m x 4m pool with electric cover
- washing machine
- oven & hob
- coffee maker
- iron & ironing board
- dvd player
- tv with French channels
- bbq or plancha
- parking space
No pets & no smoking please
Villa Les Portes is situated on a residential lane a short walk (300m) from the restaurants & market of Les Portes En Ré main square, 150m from lovely beaches - it's as good a location as there is!
Nearest village / town: Les Portes En Ré
Nearest beach: Les Portes en Ré
Boulangerie: Les Portes en Ré
Restaurant: Several in Les Portes en Ré
Market: Les Portes en Ré
Distance to nearest major transport connections
- La Rochelle airport 40 kms
- Nantes airport 180 kms
- St Malo ferry 370 kms, Roscoff 500 kms
- Paris 520 kms
- Calais ferry/tunnel 770 kms
Things to do and see
- Seafood on the terrace at any of the bistros on the Place de Liberté in Les Portes
- Plage du Lizay for sunbathing and a play in the waves
- Cycle ride between Loix & St Martin or La Couarde & Ars, through salt marshes & oyster beds
- Stock up for a gourmet picnic at les Portes market and find a shady spot in the local forest
- Sunset at Les Portes' gorgeous Plage de la Conche
- Boat trips
Day Trip Ideas
The island can easily be explored in a half-day bike ride, even as far as St Martin or La Flotte - the cyle paths are entirely flat and take you through some fabulous landscapes.
If you do fancy a change of island scenery for a trip or two there are a couple of worthwhile boat tours:
- Ile d'Aix - a 3 km, entirely car-free island between the Iles de Ré and d'Oléron, with the distinction of two lighthouses
- La Rochelle - much better to go by boat than car, and a fabulous place to visit, especially the medieval old town, fort, marina and main square
The Local Area
Les Portes En Ré is a beautiful, charming village-by-the-sea at the northernmost end of the Ile de Ré. The centre has the authentic French feel typical of the Ile de Ré, including an attractive square with several restaurants, and daily market in summer. It is surrounded by several stretches of sandy beach with spots for sunbathing, sailing, surfing, paddle-boarding, and ancient forest for lovely shady walks. It is well-connected to the island's vast cycle trail network.
The Ile de Ré is a perfectly preserved island paradise with great beaches, lovely seaside villages and a chic atmosphere, lying just off La Rochelle mid-way down the Atlantic coast. It's an excellent choice for family holidays or for couples.
Some 30kms long, it has a distinctive, naturally beautiful landscape. The south side of the island is fringed by sandy beaches; the north side is all oyster farms, salt marshes and inlets plus a couple of glorious harbours - St Martin and La Flotte.
Despite its recent growth as a chic holiday resort, the island still boasts a thriving working life, and the villages have retained their authentic French feel - they are true villages-by-the-sea. As well as tourism oysters, mussels, wine and asparagus are the chief products of the island.
The villages are amazingly charming and pretty - low-rise, whitewashed houses, terracotta roofs, shutters in subtle shades of green-and-blues, nothing over-manicured.
There are 60 kms of cycle paths, and the flat landscape makes it easy-going for gentle rides from village-to-village. It's the best way to explore the island, and hiring is easy.
There are lots of spots for sailing, windsurfing, kite-surfing, paddle-boarding and surfing too. Equipment hire and lessons are widely available. Foodies are very well catered-for, good restaurants abound and the village food markets are a delight.
A few island highlights:
» St Martin de Ré - the island's capital - is a mecca for yacht-owners who spend a few hours ashore indulging in the harbour's seafood restuarants and brocantes (do we sound jealous?). If ever St Martin de Ré is too crowded, La Flotte is a smaller, less well-known version and not to be missed.
» Aside from La Flotte, the best beaches are on the south at La Couarde, Le Bois Plage and Sainte Marie de Ré. There are some good surf spots along this stretch of coast too.
» The lighthouse Phare des Baleines is worth a detour too - the views are wonderful and the clear waters will lure you in for a swim soon after!
» The ride to from la Couarde to Ars en Ré is lovely. Follow the track around the salt marshes into the pleasant village square for refreshments.
» Every village has its enticing galleries and homeware boutiques, lovely to browse. Allowing some luggage space for your purchases on the journey home is recommended.
More Ile de Re Rentals
Customer Reviews By Feefo
No reviews yet.