Pricing & availability
Chateau Secret Garden
10 bedrooms, sleeps 24
Notes on prices
- Price includes: Cleaning & laundry (bed linen, bathroom towels & pool towels - fresh set each week)
- Compulsory extras: Tourist tax 3.50 EUR per adult per night - paid locally
- Optional extras: Concierge service available - bike hire, in-villa chef, in-villa massage, restaurant reservations, taxis, etc. Pool heating 50 EUR per day. Pet dog 175 EUR per stay by prior arrangement only.
- Security deposit: EUR 4000 administered by Alternative Aquitaine
- Changeover day: Saturday in July & August; flexible arrival at other times. Short breaks possible outside mid-June to end-August (fixed price GBP 3495 for 3 nights).
- Arrival and departure: Arrival from 5pm, departure by 10am
- Fortnight booking restriction: No
WHAT MAKES CHATEAU SECRET GARDEN A GREAT HOLIDAY RENTAL:
Chateau Secret Garden is a rare opportunity to rent a unique place to stay for your Charente seaside holiday or short-break.
- Magical venue for large groups
- Set in an enchanting semi-formal park
- Games room & cinema room
- 14m heated swimming pool
- Highly convenient seaside village location - walk to beach, bakery & restaurants
- Just 10mins by train to La Rochelle - and it's an easy walk to the village station
- Ideal base for some great days out including the islands of Ré, Aix & Oléron
- Short-breaks (min. 3 nights) possible outside July & August
*2020 Tour de France passes directly outside the chateau garden on 7 & 8 July!*
The château is a memorable and unique holiday venue for families of all ages and groups of friends too.
Families will appreciate the village & seaside location and easy access to La Rochelle.
It's also a fabulous venue to celebrate a special birthday or anniversary - short breaks are possible outside July & August.
- Toddlers - Good: the cinema room will be a hit with little ones as will the pool (heated and protected by alarm). The beaches on this coastline are calm for kids. Cots & high chairs available.
- Teenagers - Good: they will appreciate the games room, cinema room and fabulous pool.
- Reduced mobility - Good: there are two ground floor bedrooms and the plot is on level ground with no steps. The courtyard cobbles need care though.
ANYTHING TO WATCH OUT FOR:
Two bedrooms are accessed externally
Whilst the propety can sleep 24 it is better-suited to groups of 20 max
The courtyard annexe room is really best used as a 'top-up' sleeping area for 1 or 2 nights
Garage has one space but low ceiling (extra parking on the street outside)
- Pool heating is charged extra - 50 EUR per day
WHY ANGOULINS & CHARENTE MARITIME:
Angoulins-sur-Mer is a quiet seaside village with a few stretches of sandy beach, several restaurants and handy train station for easy access to La Rochelle. At high tide there are opportunities to kite-surf, swim, kayak and sail. Angoulins is an ideal base for exploring the coastline and its islands... La Rochelle is a beautiful historic city with excellent shopping, restaurants and places to visit - it's a 10 minute train ride or 15 minutes in the car. Offshore, there's the islands of Aix, Oleron and Ré to discover as well as Fort Boyard too. Pretty Fouras (15 km south) is well worth a visit whilst the more adventurous can day-trip to Cognac country or even Bordeaux.
Authentic 10-bedroom holiday chateau with beautiful, private grounds and in the heart of the village - ideal for several families & large group gatherings
A farm in a former life, this is a unique holiday property in the heart of a seaside village!
Comprising four buildings, the 550m2 property is wrapped around a secluded courtyard and features an amazing garden too. In all, the plot is approximately 3200m2 and more than half of this is given over to the garden.
The property can in fact be accessed from two sides - one leading directly into its enchanting garden and another into its imposing courtyard entrance.
The chateau retains plenty of character features and is decorated & furnished tastefully - you will certainly feel you are holidaying in a classically French property. At the same time, it has a laid-back and 'sociable' vibe where families can relax and feel at ease.
Main House - Ground Floor:
- Vestibule with guest WC
- Principal lounge 51m2 with direct access to the gardens
- Kitchen 24m2 in 'country farmhouse' style, direct access to the terrace & garden
- Separate cook's kitchen
- Dining room 46m2
- Cinema room 27m2
- Second lounge / library - quiet space
- Family suite comprising two interconnecting bedrooms: Bedroom 1 (25m2) with 200cm double bed plus en-suite shower / WC / hand-basin; Bedroom 2 with twin beds (90cm)
- Laundry room
- Handy separate WC on the pool-side of the house
Main House - First Floor:
- Bedroom 3 - spacious 34m2 master suite with painted white floorboards, 200cm double bed and en-suite bathroom (roll-top bath, separate shower, WC, two hand-basins)
- Bedroom 4 - 160cm double, room 18m2
- Bedroom 5 - 140cm double, room 18m2
- Bedroom 6 - twin beds 90cm, room 15m2
- Family bathroom shared by bedrooms 4, 5 & 6: bath, separate shower, two hand-basins plus separate WC
- Bedroom 7 - 140cm double plus small en-suite with low ceiling (shower, WC, hand-basin) suitable for teenager or perhaps a nanny. Note: this room is accessed via an external staircase
- Bedroom 8 - kids' room 19m2 with two sets of bunk beds
- Bedroom 9 - 16m2 with double 180cm that can be split into twin beds (90cm)
- Shower room
- Separate WC
- Bathroom with bath and two hand-basins
- Bedroom 10 - dortoir 30m2 with four single beds (90cm). Note: this room has external access only and does not have a WC or bathroom, nor does it have heating. We recommend it's used only as top-up accommodation for a night or two
Courtyard Games Room:
- Accessed from the courtyard is a games room with table football, table tennis and dart board
Pool, Garden & Outside Space:
The 'secret' garden is an absolute delight. Entirely enclosed and private, it is really more 'park' than garden. Kids will love the space and will be playing hide-and-seek throughout the holiday!
- Private swimming pool 14 x 6m, protected by alarm and heated from May through October (note: pool heating supplement 50 EUR per day applies). Steps into the shallow-end, max. depth 2.5m
- Gas BBQ
- Outside dining table and sun-loungers for the pool terrace
- Garage parking for one car plus additional spaces (non-allocated) in front of the property
5 x doubles; 2 x twins; 1 x double or twin; 2 x quadruples
2 x en-suites & 4 x shared shower rooms / bathrooms
Heated 14 x 6m with alarm
- tumble dryer
- washing machine
- oven & hob
- fridge freezer
- coffee maker
- iron & ironing board
- dvd player
- games room
- table tennis
- bbq or plancha
- parking space
- high chair
- hair dryer
No smoking. Pets considered (supplement applies)
Situated in the heart of Angoulins-sur-Mer a seaside village just to the south of famous La Rochelle. The chateau location is convenient for village amenities, supermarkets and the beaches of Angoulins and beyond. The property is very tucked away in a residential area - it's something of a 'secret' location. The property has dual access: the main front entrance into the courtyard and an entrance from the road into the gardens. The park-style gardens are surrounded by the original high walls and this affords plenty of privacy and seclusion. From Angoulins, it's a short drive to La Rochelle or catch a train from the village station and save the hassle of parking. La Rochelle airport is a 20-minute drive making this venue a very good choice for a weekend/short break - what better place to celebrate an anniversary or special birthday with friends/family?
Nearest village / town: Angoulins-sur-Mer
Nearest beach: Angoulins-sur-Mer - 5min walk (450m)
Boulangerie: Village centre - 5min walk
Restaurant: Village centre - 5min walk
Market: Angoulins 1200m
Distance to nearest major transport connections
- La Rochelle Airport - 21min drive (18km)
- Nantes Airport - 1hr45min drive (147km)
- Bordeaux Airport - 1hr50min drive (183km)
- La Rochelle TGV - 17min drive (8km)
- Saint-Malo ferry - 3hr50min drive (329km)
- Calais - 7hr drive (708km)
Customer Reviews By Feefo
No reviews yet.