Pricing & availability
3 bedrooms, sleeps 7
Notes on prices
- Price includes: Bed linen, bathroom towels, pool towels, final cleaning
- Compulsory extras:
- Optional extras: In-villa chef
- Security deposit: GBP 800
- Changeover day: Any day changeover
- Arrival and departure: Arrival from 4pm, departure by 10am
- Fortnight booking restriction: No
WHAT MAKES VILLA BASSILOUR A GREAT HOLIDAY VILLA:
- Fabulous countryside views
- Highly secluded & private
- Stunning south-facing terrace
- Little more than 5 minutes' drive to gorgeous Bidart and its beaches & restaurants
- Enjoy drinks at the pool-side 'Bar Haka'!
- Superb base for days out - Biarritz, San Sebastian, Basque Country, Pyrenees...
- Flexible arrival & departure (min. stay 7 nights)
A family who want easy access to the coast's fabulous beaches and resorts, but who also want a tranquil retreat.
- Toddlers - safe, enclosed gardens; cot & high chair available
- Teenagers - they'll love this buzzing coastline
- Reduced mobility - there are two ground floor bedrooms but there are steps down to the pool
ANYTHING TO WATCH OUT FOR:
- Bathrooms have not been renovated
- Upstairs (twin) bedroom is quite small - better for kids
- Car essential
Bidart is a favourite of ours - a stunning seaside village with a gorgeous little square (fronton, bars & restaurants), beautiful beaches and some of the best views on the south west coast of France - the ocean here has a distinctive turqouise hue and looking south you can track the coast all the way to Spain over the Pyrenees. Biarritz is the most famous resort on France's Atlantic coast. An eclectic and unique combination of sophistication, elegance and surf culture. Magnificent beaches, superb cuisine, golf, spa & leisure, plus plenty of family attractions. We love it! Meanwhile, the surrounding Basque Country is a genuinely distinctive corner of France with its unique architecture, cuisine and language. Enjoy pretty villages amongst rolling countryside, famous seaside resorts such as Biarritz & St Jean de Luz, venture into the Pyrénées mountains and take the short journey to Spain to sample San Sebastian.
Secluded family villa with brand new kitchen and living room and enjoying fabulous views
Lived in 10 months of the year by its Kiwi-French owners, Villa Bassilour is exceptionally well equipped as a summer holiday home.
It has also recently undergone substantial renovations on the ground floor including a brand new kitchen and living room.
The house has plenty of space for a 3 bedroom villa and the outside areas - pool, covered bar and terraces - are fabulous.
Accommodation - ground floor:
- Entrance hall with guest cloakroom
- Stunning new kitchen with brand new appliances, fully-equipped and with direct access to the outside terrace. The kitchen breakfast table can comfortably seat all guests
- Completely renovated living room with separate snug area too (sofas, wall-mounted TV, coffee table) - both spaces lead directly to the terrace
- Bedroom 1 with double bed 160cm and private shower room. French doors to side garden. The bedroom also has steps to a mezzanine area where there is additional sleeping for a child (mattress can be provided)
- Bedroom 2 with double bed 160cm and private shower room (shower cubicle & WC) plus small east-facing balcony with mountain views
Accommodation - first floor:
- Bedroom 3 with twin beds and private bathroom (bath tub, shower cubilce, WC) opposite. The bedroom is relatively small and the bathroom is a traditional style with low ceiling - we suggest this upstairs space is best for two children / teenagers sharing.
- Gallery landing / reading area
Accommodation - basement:
- Laundry room
- NB The rest of this level is closed off to guests as it's principally a storage area for the owners.
The south-facing space to the rear of the property is where many holiday hours will be enjoyed. This space is broadly divided as follows:
- Upper-level terrace - very spacious area with outside dining table, comfortable chairs for relaxing and parasols for shade plus hot tub. The countryside views from the terrace are a delight whilst the birdsong adds to that feeling of serenity
- Go down a few steps to the pool terrace where you have a private 9 x 5 m swimming pool with half-moon and Roman steps at one end.
- A wonderful feature pool-side is 'Bar Haka', timber construction pool bar and celebration of the owner's combined passion for New Zealand and rugby! The covered bar / summer kitchen includes fridge, plancha, sink, microwave
- Surrounding the pool in an area of sloping law and well-tended gardens too (the gardener visits once a week)
- To the front of the house there is private off-road parking for several cars
- Table tennis and badminton available
2 x doubles + 1 x twin
Private bathroom with each bedroom
9 x 5 m unheated
- tumble dryer
- washing machine
- oven & hob
- fridge freezer
- coffee maker
- iron & ironing board
- tv with French channels
- table tennis
- bbq or plancha
- parking space
- high chair
- hair dryer
Additional House Info
Sonos sound system requires App download
No smoking. Pets considered
The villa enjoys a peaceful and secluded location little more than 5 minutes' drive from the buzz and beauty of La Cote Basque and the gorgeous seaside village of Bidart. Villa Bassilour is a good choice for people who want easy access to the coast but who equally want to retreat to a haven of tranquility. The villa is situated on a quiet chemin which connects Bidart (3 km) to Arbonne (2 km). It's on the best side of the lane too as the plot enjoys fabulous views south across the Basque Country hill-tops to the majestic Pyrenees. You can cycle to the nearest boulangerie, to Bidart's main beach and to the village of Arbonne. However, a car is essential in this location.
Nearest village / town: Bidart 3.5 km
Nearest beach: Bidart Uhabia 3 km
Boulangerie: Bidart-Bassilour 1.3 km
Restaurant: Arbonne 2km, Bidart 3 km
Market: Bidart 4 km
Distance to nearest major transport connections
- Biarritz airport: 7 km
- Pau airport: 116 km
- Bilbao airport: 143 km
- Bordeaux airport: 196 km
- Biarritz railway station: 5.5 km
- Santander ferry port: 239 km
- St Malo ferry port: 735 km
- Calais ferry/chunnel: 1073 km
Customer Reviews By Feefo
No reviews yet.