Aquitaine Travel Directory - travel insurance

* For the latest news on Coronavirus (Covid-19) click here *

What is Required?

It is a requirement of our agency booking terms and conditions that clients are adequately insured for damage to a rented holiday property caused by you or your party. The accommodation supplier can ask to see evidence of this, and you may be refused entry to the property if you are not covered.

(Such insurance covers your liability for major damage, for example if fire or water damage occurred in the property during your stay and it was your fault. It is not the same as the security deposit, which is there for smaller value damage, breakages and losses.)

Suitable cover typically insures your personal liability for damage, etc, up to a value of £1 million - £3 million. Many travel insurance policies include the necessary cover, however some do not, including most travel insurance policies which come included with a credit card or annual business travel insurance.

We recommend taking out cover which also includes cancellation, theft, medical emergency, vehicle breakdown (if applicable), etc.

Where can I get cover? 

If you have annual, multi-trip travel insurance please check your policy.

UK Clients
For a comprehensive policy, we suggest getting an instant online quote from Voyager Insurance. Voyager offers a policy with or without breakdown cover, specially designed for self-drive holidays to France. You can buy a policy on individual, couple or family group basis - if your holiday party is a mix of friends, then separate policies would need to be purchased. (Flexicover below offers group policies and is a better option in these circumstances.)

Here's a couple of alternatives:

Non-UK Clients
Voyager Insurance offers cover for EU residents, Flexicover covers UK residents only.

Clients who are home owners in continental Europe and North America may find that their household insurance policies also provide cover for when staying in rented properties. Please check your policy to be sure. (Such cover is uncommon in the UK as part of household insurance.)

If you live outside the UK, try Global IHI although they no longer support US residents.

Recently a US client recommended Trip Insurance Store for US residents renting a villa in Europe.

Choose from over 200 stunning holidays, all hand picked and personally visited by us.

Find My Holiday

Or call our experts now
01395 576655

Your Favourites