Pricing & availability
Villas la Prade
Notes on prices
includes: 1. Linen & bathroom towels pack (collect at reception). 2. Electricity & water charges. 3. In-villa wifi
extras: Tourist tax paid on-site 1.5 EUR pp per day
extras: Add 'Les Dunes' Service Pack to your rental - contact us for details & quote. Other supplements: 1. Cot & high chair 29 EUR/wk. 2. Bringing pets 25 EUR/wk/pet. 3. Final cleaning is expensive - avoid.
deposit: 750 EUR + cleaning deposit 144-288 EUR depending on villa size.
day: Saturday-to-Saturday bookings are required in August
- Arrival and
departure: Arrive between 5-8 pm and depart by 10am.
- Fortnight booking
There are 5 separate 'estates' at the villa resort. We have many years' experience visiting Moliets and renting villas here, so we know the set-up very well. There are subtle differences between the different estates, as you will see in our guide below. Do call Justin or Alex in the UK on +44 (0)1395 576655 for a little personal guidance.
Villas la Prade
- Near beach and cycle paths
- 2, 3 & 4 bedroom villas
- Sheets, towels and local electricity & water charges included in our prices! These total 112 - 205 euros depending on the size of villa!
There are differences in villa locations, equipment and facilities across the
sites - here is our guide:
If villa quality is important we recommend Clairiere aux Chevreuils
which is rated "Good" quality by us; we rate the other sites "Simple" quality.
All villas include bed linen
& bathroom towels
(NB some other companies will charge extra for these). At Clairiere aux Chevreuils beds are made for your arrival
and other services are included too.
Distance to nearest beach
Club Royal Ocean 17 villas
are just 400m
from Moliets central beach. Club Aquitaine villas
from Chenes Lieges beach. La Prade
& Clairiere aux Chevreuils
are 1.5 to 2 kms from beaches
, easily reached by cycle trail
Distance to resort centre
Club Royal Ocean 17
villas are 5 minutes walk to the shops, restaurants and cafes at Moliets Plage. Via the cycle trails it's 1km
from Club Royal Aquitaine
, 2 to 2.5km
from la Prade
from Domaine de Messanges
- the latter is closer (2km) to Moliets et Maa village centre.
Pools are heated
at Domaine de Messanges villas.
In-villa wifi is available at Clairiere aux Chevreuils and la Prade villas (max. 4 devices)
Size of site
Domaine de Messanges
is the smallest site with 12 villas (pus a few apartments and houses). Ocean 17
has 25 villas. The Aquitaine
sites both have around 60 villas whilst la Prade
is the largest estate with 85 villas.
What makes Moliets Plage a great villa resort?
Moliets is a popular beach resort on the south west coast, set in the pine forests, with sandy Atlantic beaches and lakes close by. It's an ideal location for tennis, golf, surfing, cycling and so well-suited to active holidays for families, couples and groups of friends. There are restaurants, cafes, basic shops and a little bit of nightlife at the sea-front.
The villas are modern and 'uncluttered' and work perfectly for beach holidays.
Best for ...
- Families with active children will love Moliets' range of activities; older kids can be independent here too.
- Also ideal for groups of friends/couples looking for a surfing or golfing holiday, especially out of season when prices are very attractive.
- Toddlers - will require supervision around pools (protected by alarm or cover, not fence).
- Teenagers - very good, lots to do in Moliets, and easy to roam independently
- Reduced mobility - some villas have level access and ground floor bedrooms/ bathrooms - please enquire for advice.
Anything to watch out for?
Moliets has many advantages as a holiday destination, however if French character, total privacy and charm are your priorities we recommend our collection of Private Villas with Pools
Moliets is known as something of an oasis amongst the endless pines of western Europe's largest forest. It's basically a big playground! Activities include: surfing, cycling, golf, tennis, adventure parc, horse-riding, kayaking and watersports. Many places of interest are within an hour's drive. It's an ideal destination for an active and varied sea-side holiday.
Sport & Leisure
Moliets Plage offers excellent surfing, golf, tennis, cycling, watersports, lots of kids activities and, of course, superb beaches. It is an ideal destination for active families.
Sport & Leisure Activities
Par 72 championship golf course | Ranked Top 20 in France | 9 hole course too ideal for summer rounds | Golf packages available | Practice area & driving range | Clubhouse, bar & restaurant | We like the informal ambience
All-weather, clay & indoor courts | Lessons available | Equipment hire | Visitors welcome
Classic beach break at Moliets Plage | Surf, body-board, kite-surf | Surf lessons available - ask us for surf school advice | Equipment hire too
Vast network of forest cycle trails | Several bike hire shops | Kids & adult bikes, tag-alongs & chariots | Guided excursions possible or pick up an itinerary from the tourist office
Lake Beach & Watersports
Lac de Leon 7 kms | Kayaking, sailing, wind-surfing, SUP | Courant d'Huchet escorted gondalier trips | Sandy lake beach | Cycle trails, walks & picnic spots | Tranquil alternative to ocean especially for younger kids
It's called accrobranhe and it's popular in French resorts in summer - treetop rope walk | Also quad bikes & paintball | Open April to October | Cycle ride from your villa
Equestrian centre locally | Beach gallops & forest treks | All abilities & ages
Moliets-Plage is a stunning and endless sweep of sand and Atlantic surf. There's more though to this destination than just the beach. It boasts a variety of leisure activities including golf courses, tennis centre, watersports (at the ocean and also Lac de Léon), horse-riding and adrenalin park.
Moliets-et-Maa, 2 km inland, this is the old village with church and petanque square, butcher, bakery, grocery store and a couple of restaurants.
The network of cycle trails around the resort make cycling a very easy and enjoyable to get around. In fact, two wheels is the preferred mode of holiday transport, and are easy to hire.
- Restaurants - a few at Moliets Plage, also Moliets-et-Maa and Léon. There are a few 'gems' in nearby villages such as Michelin-starred Relais de la Post at Magescq.
- Shops - basic amenities at Moliets Plage (seasonal opening times) and at Moliets et Maa (all year round).
- Nightlife - bars and one nightclub at Moliets Plage (seasonal)
- Supermarket - mini-market at Moliets Plage (seasonal opening times) plus Super U on the road to Messanges
- Markets - weekly markets at Léon and Moliets et Maa plus a summer night market at Moliets Plage.
DAY TRIP IDEAS
- Belle-Epoque Biarritz - style & surf chic combined
- Pretty Basque fishing port & resort, St Jean de Luz
- Discover the 'postcard' hillside villages of the Basque Country
- Hop over the border into Spain for San Sebastian or the Guggenheim
- Visit the under-rated city of Bayonne, the Pays Basque capital
OUR PERSONAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Escorted gondalier ride along the serene Courant d'Huchet
- Explore the coast, forests and lakes via the network of cycle trails
- A day's golf & surf at Moliets
- Take a break from the beach and unwind at the Lac de Léon - go by bike
- Running the network of forest trails - find a different path each time but try and take in the early morning mist rising off Etang de la Prade
Moliets-Plage is on the beautiful Landes coast of Aquitaine, about 60 kms north of Biarritz.
Biarritz airport 1hr drive | Bordeaux airport 1hr 40m drive | Biarritz railway station 1hr drive | Bilbao ferry port 2hr 45m drive | Santander ferry port 3hr 30m drive | St Malo ferry port 6hr 45m drive | Calais terminal 10 hr drive