Attractive setting in the pine forest by Biscarrosse golf course & tranquil lake, beach 5 mins by car, lots to do & explore nearby. Lovely!
There are differences in villa locations, equipment and facilities across the sites - here is our guide:
What makes Biscarrosse-lac a great villa resort?Biscarrosse-lac offers a wonderfully natural environment on your doorstep, perfect for an active, outdoor holiday. The lake is a hub for walks, cycle rides & watersports, not forgetting the tranquil lake shore & beach, lovely for picnicking. The superb ocean beach is great for surfing & bodyboarding, and there's a summer market and a wide choice of places to eat there as well. The villas are modern & well-equipped. The Dune du Pyla, Arcachon & Cap Ferret are close by too. An ideal mix for an active & varied holiday.
Best for ...
Anything to watch out for?
The villas are modern & well-equipped but may lack the homelier touches of our collection of private villas with pools.
Biscarrosse-lac is an area of natural charm, lovely for walking, cycling & picnicking, while Biscarrosse-plage offers a fantastic beach and all the amenities of a French seaside resort, especially in July & August when it really comes to life. Arcachon & Cap Ferret are nearby; golf, surfing, sailing too. Ideal for a varied, relaxing holiday.
There are in fact three Biscarrosses!
Biscarrosse Lac - the 'natural' part
Biscarrosse Bourg - the small town about 5 kms away
Biscarrosse Plage - which comes to life in summer, also 6 kms away
Altogether it's an area of great variety: endless sandy beaches, great surf, forest tracks, lakes and a warm sunny climate.
Port Maguide, 1.5 kms from the villas, is the local centre for lake activities - boat hire, wind-surfing lessons, etc - and has a man-made beach and Aqua Parc for children.
The local lakes are great opportunity for whiling away the hours in tranquility, listening to the water lapping the sandy shores. The surrounding forest are perfect for picnics and rambling. The three pleaseure ports of the Etang de Cazauax et de Sanguinet - Ipses, Navarosse and Port Maguide - each provide a good base for exploring.
Flying : there is an aerodrome at Biscarrosse for fantastic pleasure flights or gliding over the lakes, ocean and forests. Or try your hand at parascending (Port Maguide & Dune de Pyla)
Also available to try locally: fishing, horse-riding, tennis, go-karting quad-biking and adventure park.
* Restaurants - Ispes (1.5 kms) and several in Biscarrosse-Plage
* Shops - local amenities in Biscarosse-bourg, wider choice at Biscarrosse-Plage
* Supermarket - Biscarrosse-Plage
* Markets - weekly market in Biscarosse-bourg; day & night-market everyday in Biscarosse-Plage in July & August
Biscarrosse is well-located for exploring further afield - many places of interest in this south-west corner of France are within 30-60 minutes' drive:
* Visit Arcachon & climb the Dune de Pyla
* Take the foot ferry to Cap Ferret and 'petit train' across the peninsula
* Café-crawling & retail therapy in central Bordeaux
* Médoc or Bordeaux vineyards and wine-tasting (Graves is closest)
* Tour historic St Emilion (UNESCO world heritage site)
Our personal highlights:
* Climb the Dune de Pyla, and even try a parascending flight to the beach below!
* Boat trips around the Bassin and to the Banc d'Arguin.
* The ferry to Cap Ferret, then Le Petit Train trip across the peninsula is a delight.
* Try surfing in Biscarrosse-Plage - several schools in the area.
* A picnic by Biscarrosse-lac - find a shady spot and enjoy the tranquility.
Biscarrosse Lac is on the Landes coast in an area of lakes, forest, sand dunes & beaches close to the Arcachon Bay
Bordeaux airport: 80 kms
Bordeaux train station: 90 kms
Bergerac airport: 210 kms
St Malo ferry: 590 kms
Calais ferry: 950 kms
Moliets-Plage Villa Resort is ideal for those wanting a villa with its own pool, plus the beach, activities and amenities very close by.
Lacanau's 3 villa sites offer smart, modern villas with their own pools just 3 kms from beaches & lake - perfect for an active family holiday