Pricing & availability
Maison des Flots
2 bedrooms, sleeps 4
Notes on prices
- Price includes: Linen (made beds) and bathroom towels, tea towels, pool towels, exit clean, tourist tax, change of linen and light clean for stays of two weeks or more
- Compulsory extras:
- Optional extras:
- Security deposit: None
- Changeover day: Saturday in July & August
- Arrival and departure: Arrival 17h - 19h, departure by 10h
- Fortnight booking restriction: No
WHAT MAKES MAISON DES FLOTS A GREAT HOLIDAY RENTAL:
- Location, location, location! Charming seaside cottage in one of les Plus Beaux Villages de France - La Flotte
- Walk to the harbour, market and village centre
- 3min stroll to sea-front bike & footpath
- Go car-free
- Two bedrooms & two bathrooms
Maison des Flots is an ideal seaside cottage for younger families and couples who love the food and ambience of coastal France. It's also a great option for a car-free holiday: all amenities are in walking distance; it's easy and safe to explore further afield by bike; just a short transfer from La Rochelle airport / TGV train station.
- Toddlers: very good > safe beaches; the garden is fully enclosed; cot & high chair available
- Teenagers: good > wifi; safe to explore independently on foot and by bike; water sports; limited nightlife
- Reduced mobility: good > level entrance from street & flat walk into village; bedrooms on ground floor
ANYTHING TO WATCH OUT FOR:
- The accommodation is simple & charming, not luxurious
- The mezzanine beds (see photo) are not included in the accommodation
WHY LA FLOTTE & ILE DE RÉ:
A chic and understated island destination connected by bridge from La Rochelle. Known for a lovely climate and authentically French, almost Mediterranean, feel. Dotted with charming harbour towns and character villages, connected by an extensive network of cycle trails which criss-cross the island through fields & vineyards, woodland and salt-marshes. It offers something for everyone: markets, boutiques, watersports (esp. sailing, surfing, paddle-boarding, kite-surfing), markets & food halls, fantastic choice of restaurants. And La Flotte - officially one of The Most Beautiful Villages of France - is a wonderful base for your Ré holiday.
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH SIMPSON TRAVEL
Maison des Flots is also available to book via the Simpson Travel website.
Read more about our partnership with Simpson Travel.
Charming seaside holiday cottage offering simple accommodation in a superb location
Maison des Flots is an authentic and comforable Ile de Ré holiday home but really it's all about the location.
Ideal for a family with one or two kids, or for couple(s), the accommodation reflects the island's laid-back charm. With 106m2 floorspace (including the mezzanine) it's a fairly generous size too.
- Entrance to principal living room which comprises dining area, lounge and integrated kitchen with breakfast bar
- Terrace access from the living room and kitchen
- Within the kitchen are louvre doors revealing the washing machine
- Independent WC
- You will see from the photos there are steps to a mezzanine area above the living room. There are two single beds here but we do not propose it as part of the accommodation
- Bedroom 1 with 160cm double, TV, access to terrace
- Shower room (shower, WC, hand-basin)
- Bedroom 2: twin beds (can be joined to make double), en-suite shower room (shower, WC, hand-basin)
To the front of the house is a parking space and seating area. To the rear of the property is a small courtyard-style garden, part patio and part artificial grass.
- Outdoor comfortable chairs
- Outdoor dining table with awning for shade
Note: the small annexe in the back garden is closed off.
1 x double 160cm + 1 x twins (can be joined to make double)
2 x shower rooms (shower, WC, hand-basin)
- washing machine
- oven & hob
- fridge freezer
- coffee maker
- iron & ironing board
- dvd player
- tv with French channels
- bbq or plancha
- parking space
No smoking. Pets - please enquire
The property is situated in a very quiet residential cul-de-sac on the outskirts of La Flotte village. From the house it's an easy level walk of no more than 15 minutes along the sea-front to the harbour and village centre where you'll find several restaurants, the market and ancient side-streets packed with boutiques, cafes and day-to-day shops. A further 5 minutes on foot and you'll reach the local beach - or take to two wheels instead. The immediate area is one of low-level holiday homes typical of the island. It's a a mere 3 minute walk to the sea-front and from there you have a direct line to the harbour. Or, for a change of scenery, head up the coast and walk/run/cycle the 3.5km to Saint-Martin.
Nearest village / town: La Flotte 1km
Nearest beach: La Flotte Plage d'Arnerault 20min walk (1.6km)
Boulangerie: La Flotte 14min walk (1.1km)
Restaurant: La Flotte 14min walk (1.1km)
Market: La Flotte 12min walk (1km)
Distance to nearest major transport connections
- La Rochelle airport - 23min drive (18km)
- Nantes airport - 1hr55min drive (157km)
- Bordeaux airport - 2hr10min drive (213km)
- La Rochelle TGV train station - 32min drive (26km)
- St Malo ferry port - 4hr drive (337km)
- Calais terminal - 7hr15min drive (712km)
Customer Reviews By Feefo
No reviews yet.