Pricing & availability
3 bedrooms, sleeps 6
Notes on prices
- Price includes: Linen, towels, final cleaning (guests are required to do some basic pre-departure tasks)
- Compulsory extras: None
- Optional extras: Babysitter / chef / housekeeper subject to availability
- Security deposit: GBP 500
- Changeover day: Flexible arrival & departure
- Arrival and departure: Arrival from 4pm, departure by 10am
- Fortnight booking restriction: No
WHAT MAKES MAISON KATALINA A GREAT HOLIDAY RENTAL:
Enjoy a super-convenient yet quiet & private location:
- 10 mins walk to superb sandy beach - Plage d'Ilbarritz
- Walk to two very good restaurants at the beach
- Very private
- Golf centre in walking distance
- 3 km to the heart of fabulous Biarritz - cycle path most of the way
And lovely accommodation too:
- Charming 1920's former fisherman's cottage
- Highly original style combining period features & modern functionality
- Sky lights and glass extension fill the house with natural light
- All 3 bedrooms are en-suite
- Verdant almost tropical gardens
Guests at Maison Katalina are offered flexible arrival & departure in July & August (subject to a minimum stay of 7 nights).
A family with one or two children. Or two or three couples.
- Toddlers - fully enclosed garden at the back; cot & high chair provided; walk to beach
- Teenagers - great location for some essential independence!
- Reduced mobility - two ground floor bedrooms & bathrooms
ANYTHING TO LOOK OUT FOR:
The ladder staircase leading to the upper level is unsuitable for younger children.
The TV is in one of the downstairs bedrooms (it is the only room with an aerial socket). The house has wifi so guests can use a tablet / laptop to watch movies via your Netflix (or similar) account.
The most famous resort on France's Atlantic coast, Biarritz is an eclectic and unique combination of sophistication, elegance and surf culture. Enjoy the magnificent beaches, superb cuisine, golf, spa & leisure, plus plenty of family attractions. We love it! Plus, a similar distance south is the very pretty seaside village of Bidart with its delightful square, restaurants and beaches.
Stylish and charming former 1920's fisherman's cottage with a lovely beach-y ambience
From the outside, Maison Katalina appears relatively unassuming - a pretty cottage in the traditional Basque style. However, this lovely home really comes to live on the inside with its fabulous open-plan living space and modern glass & aluminium extension to the rear.
As such, the house successfully combines the essential modern requirements with a more traditional 'cottage' feel. And at 145m2 it has plenty of space too for a family to spread out.
We also love the beach 'vibe' of the house with its surfboards here and there and the 'fresh' decor evoking holidays at the seaside.
Outside of the summer months, the house is lived in by its owner and it's therefore very well equipped as a holiday rental.
Fabulous open-plan living room, light & spacious and featuring:
- Brand new fitted kitchen, breakfast bar & utility area (direct access to the garden) with all modern appliances including a Nespresso machine
- Dining space with table for 6
- Lounge area in the extended section of the house - direct access to the garden
Bedroom 1 - smaller room with attractive wooden floor, 160cm double bed plus ensuite shower / WC.
Bedroom 2 - pretty room with 180cm double bed, doors to the rear garden & front yard, plus ensuite shower / WC.
The upper level is given over entirely to the stunning master bedroom suite that feels suspended in mid-air!
- Bedroom 3 with 180cm double bed
- Ensuite shower room with WC
- Dressing area
- Glass walls on two sides of the bedroom looking out over the back garden
Note the ladder staircase leading to the upper level is unsuitable for younger children.
The highly secluded garden to the rear is kept private and shaded by an exotic canopy of lush banana trees, palms and yuccas. A small terrace and plancha-style BBQ provide an ideal place to relax and cook some local fish or steaks.
Bikes and surfboards can be stored securely in the back garden.
To the front there is parking for two or three cars on the lane right outside the house.
3 x double beds
3 x ensuite shower rooms
- washing machine
- oven & hob
- fridge freezer
- coffee maker
- iron & ironing board
- tv with French channels
- high chair
- hair dryer
Additional House Info
Equipment also includes: hairdryer; Sonos sound system; Nespresso coffee machine
No smoking & no pets
Tucked away on an unmade track yet just a short walk to the beaches and restaurants of Plage d'Ilbarritz where there's also a golf centre, the Cite de l'Ocean museum and children's play area. Maison Katalina enjoys calm surroundings but is brilliantly located to enjoy the beaches and buzz of bustling Biarritz (3km) and gorgeous Bidart (2.5km). All within easy reach for day-trips are St Jean de Luz & Bayonne in French Basque Country, the Spanish resorts of San Sebastian & Hondarribia and the stunning Pyrenees and rolling foothills. With Biarritz airport so close (5km) you can enjoy a car-free holiday at Maison Katalina.
Nearest village / town: Biarritz centre 3km
Nearest beach: Plage d'Ilbarritz 800m
Boulangerie: Biarritz 2 km or the nearby campsite in summer season
Restaurant: Plage d'Ilbarritz 850m
Market: Biarritz Les Halles 3.5km
Distance to nearest major transport connections
- Biarritz airport: 5 km
- Bilbao airport: 130 km
- Bordeaux airport: 200 km
- Biarritz railway station: 5 km
- Santander ferry port: 235 km
- St Malo ferry port: 730 km
- Calais ferry/Channel Tunnel: 1100 km
Customer Reviews By Feefo
No reviews yet.