Pricing & availability
3 bedrooms, sleeps 6
Notes on prices
- Price includes: Linen, towels, a midstay housekeeping visit for bookings over 7 nights, concierge services, exit clean.
- Compulsory extras:
- Optional extras: 20% discount at Biarritz Sofitel pool, gym & spa and 10% off treatments (except beauty products). Concierge services include providing restaurant recommendations and reservations, and organising car/bike/scooter rental; supplementary cleaning; babysitters; private chefs; grocery shopping; tours; assistance in emergencies (eg a doctor) and much more. There is no charge for arranging the service, other than the charge of the service itself. Grocery shopping is charged at €25 per hour.
- Security deposit: EUR 2500
- Changeover day: Saturday in summer. 7 nights minimum stay April to October inclusive, 4 nights at all other times.
- Arrival and departure:
- Fortnight booking restriction: No
What makes Appartement Eugenie a great holiday rental
- Brilliant central location - short walk to beaches and all amenities
- High quality accommodation and specification
- Concierge services available
- Not an 'ordinary' rental - very distinctive
- Balcony with sea views
Couples or a family with older children or teenagers ready to enjoy all that a lively and fashionable French seaside resort has to offer.
- Toddlers - not suitable for young children
- Teenagers - perfect! Beaches, café and nightlife for older teens all within walking distance.
- Reduced mobility - no lift in the building so not suitable
Anything to watch out for?
Given its central location, some town centre noise is to be expected. There is no dedicated parking space with the villa but there are spaces on the Place outside and you can buy a weekly permit at reduced prices.
Biarritz is the most famous resort in Aquitaine and offers brilliant surfing, beaches, shopping, golf and lots more attractions too. The house is close to the characterful Vieux Port district, known for its bistrots, cafés and chic, bohemian atmosphere. Pretty Basque villages, the Pyrenees, and Spanish resorts such as San Sebatsian are close by too - all in all it's a wonderful mix.
Contemporary, luxuriously appointed apartment with panoramic sea views in the heart of Biarritz
'Appartement Eugenie' is an excellent addition to our growing collection of high-end Biarritz rentals. Not just a fabulous location but an eye-catching interior design, outside space and glorious sea views too.
'Eugenie' offers preste accommodation in a prestigious location. Hardwood floors, works of art, aircon and hotel-quality linens are touches of luxury.
The apartment is situated on the first floor (no lift) of a period building in the Vieux Port district.
- The vast living room enjoys fantastic sea views and direct access to the balcony. The room is flooded with sun-light in the afternoon and evenings. The furnishings are modern and 'deluxe' and the room contains carefully selected modern art.
- A well-equipped kitchen with all the high-end equipment and utensils you'll need for gourmet cooking (pick up your fresh ingredients from the Les Halles market locally). The dining area is adjacent to the kitchen with a table seating 10.
- Master bedroom (King-size double) with en-suite bathroom including an Italian shower, marbled double sink. The suite also includes a dressing area and enjoys stunning views.
- Down 4 steps to two more bedrooms (second bedroom with a King-size double bed; third bedroom with Queen-size double bed).
- A shared bathroom and WC.
- Private balcony with breathtaking views across the Old Port and lighthouse to the ocean and Grande Plage. It's rare to find a holiday apartment in downtown Biarritz that has outside space.
1 en suite double, 2x other double rooms
1 en suite shower room, 1 shared bathroom with bath and shower
- tumble dryer
- washing machine
- oven & hob
- fridge freezer
- coffee maker
- iron & ironing board
- music dock/speaker
- tv with French channels
Additional House Info
- 20% discount at Biarritz Sofitel pool, gym & spa (no booking required).
- Take advantage of a comprehensive concierge service including; restaurant recommendations & reservations, car/bike/scooter rental, extra cleaning, babysitters, private chefs, grocery shopping, tours, assistance in urgent situations (e.g. doctor). Concierge services are available on request; we recommend booking in advance in high season.
No smoking indoors, and no pets please.
The apartment is enviably situated in the heart of the old town of Biarritz, close to the famous covered market, Les Halles. A car is therefore not necessary as the beaches (a choice of three) and amenities of the town are all an easy walk. Some of the town's best bars and restaurants are just a short walk away as is the popular Old Port district. This is a bustling and vibrant district of downtown Biarritz. If you want to travel further afield, a short taxi ride brings you to the railway station for visiting Bayonne, St Jean de Luz or San Sebastian.
Nearest village / town: Biarritz
Nearest beach: 5 minute walk to Cote Basques, Grande Plage or Port Vieux
Boulangerie: Several in the neighbourhood
Restaurant: Dozens in the neighbourhood
Market: Les Halles covered market is close by
Distance to nearest major transport connections
- Biarritz airport: 3 km
- Pau airport: 125 km
- Bilbao airport: 130 km
- Bordeaux airport: 200 km
- Biarritz railway station: 3 km
- Santander ferry port: 235 km
- St Malo ferry port: 730 km
- Calais ferry port: 1100 km
Things to do and see
- Watch the world go by on the Grande Plage promenade - it's like being in L.A!
- See the experts take on the surf at the Plage des Basques
- Take a stroll around the dramatic Rocher de la Vierge walkway, after dinner in one of Le Vieux Port's bistrots
- Try a walking tour of Biarritz to see its many elegant buildings, museums and parks
- Take le Petit Train de la Rhune to this local Pyrenean summit and take in the exceptional views
- Give yourself some pampering at the Atlanthal or le Miramar spas, or try retail therapy at Galeries Lafayette!
- Spa & thalassotherapy
Day Trip Ideas
- Tour the Basque Country villages: Ascain, Ainhoa, Sare, La Bastide Clairance Cambo-les-Bains, Espelette and St-Jean-Pied-de-Port
- Visit Bayonne, the under-rated capital of the Pays Basque; sample its famous chocolates and hams and visit the splendid cathedral
- Stroll the stylish streets of St Jean de Luz and stay for a seafood lunch or supper
- Cross the border into Spain & visit San Sebastian, Pamplona or the Guggenheim museum at Bilbao
- Explore the superb Pyrenees National Park for great walks and wildlife
The Local Area
Around the Old Town
More Biarritz Rentals
More BIARRITZ APARTMENTS
The house is situated on the edge of one of Biarritz's most characterful quartiers, le Vieux Port, which has lovely local shops, cafés, bistrots plus charming beach. Les Halles - Biarritz's bustling covered market - is just 250m away, so you need never use a supermarket while you are here! The boutiques of central Biarritz, including Galeries Lafayette (like a mini Selfridges), are just a 10 minute walk. With these amenities in such easy reach you really can go native.
This town is back in fashion. Celebrities and sports stars are flooding back to live in the region, turning their back on the Côte d'Azur. Biarritz is an eclectic place; it somehow manages to mix an affluent elderly population with a steady flow of well-dressed surfers plus a sprinkling of super-rich jetsetters on top. A compact and stylish town, Biarritz really does have something for everyone...famous beaches, museums, fine restaurants, boutiques, casino, golf courses, horse-riding and the south west's famous spa and thalassotherapy centres.
Customer Reviews By Feefo
Review posted on 12 Aug 2016
Service: Reliable and knowledgeable
Product: Great location, lovely space but a number of small details need fixing. Broken door and window handles, blinds, fridge....Towels of poor quality. No airing rack. Shame that what is really an excellent property just falls short.
On 12-Aug-2016 we responded:
Service Comment: Thanks for replying to the survey. The apartment is fantastic so it's slightly disappointing to read about those 'niggles'. We'll check with the local team if these items have now been dealt with. Apart from that we hope you enjoyed your latest visit to Biarritz.