We are delighted to continue our partnership with our good friends (and immensely talented chefs!) at Alps 2 Atlantic Catering for summer 2018.
We started working with Dan in 2016, and he is one of many associates in our network who make the bi-annual migration between the Alps and south west Atlantic coast, bringing with him 15 years of experience as a holiday chef and also as head chef in a 5 Star boutique hotel. Dan has 3 fascinations in life; snow, surf and great food - his mission is big smiles, full tummies and contributing to what is hopefully a totally fantastic holiday, so you can be sure that the whole experience will be amazing! Dan is mainly based around Hossegor and Moliets, but can be flexible in travelling further afield within the region - just talk to Dan about your villa, location and foodie requirements - a good sized kitchen is a must!
Over the last few years, we have noticed a significant increase in the number of clients asking for private chef services during their holiday in Aquitaine. It makes sense - renting a villa gives you all the benefits of space, independence and freedom to create your own schedule when on holiday - but sometimes it's nice to let someone else take care of the little details.
Whether it's a full 6 nights of catering, a special occasion or just a few nights off from cooking, Alps 2 Atlantic have something for you. With over 15 years of experience in catering for holiday guests and with exciting new menus for summer 2018 you really are in for a treat! Alps 2 Atlantic take care of everything: shopping for fresh local ingredients; laying the table; serving food and wine and making sure all the washing up is done so that you can just relax & enjoy your evening!
With an excellent choice of menus and bespoke catering packages, it really couldn't be easier to organise your holiday chef through Alternative Aquitaine, just let us know if you are interested in the chef service, and we will put you in touch with Dan to discuss your requirements and plan your meals.
- Tomato and mozarella salad with a balsamic reduction.
- Warm goats cheese apple beetroot salad
- Thai spiced lentil and coconut soup with fresh coriander.
- Leek and potato soup with crusty bread.
- Orange and pecan salad.
- Warm leek tartlets.
- Herb and garlic baked camemberts to share.
- Warm nachos with melted cheese, creme fraiche and guacamole.
- Beef bourgignon with roasted root vegetables.
- Spaghetti bolognese with mixed salad.
- Lasagne with green salad.
- Lamb tagine with roast vegetable and sun dried tomato couscous.
- Cottage pie with seasonal vegetables.
- Thai green curry fish or chicken with steamed rice or vegetable noodles.
- Chicken or fish jalfrezi with fragrant rice.
- Savoyarde tartiflette with green salad and fresh bread.
- Chilli con carne, salad, rice.
- Home made tiramisu.
- Home made bread and butter pudding.
- Apple crumble with cream or creme anglaise.
- Vanilla cheesecake.
- Lemon “no cheese” cheesecake.
- Chocolate brownie with ice cream and hot chocolate sauce.
- Citrus fruit melange with apple sorbet.
- Raspberry fool with sesame and honey cracker.
€35per person per night for evenings only - 3 course evening meal including wine. We include half a bottle of wine per person per night in the price. We can, of course, arrange more should you require it.
- Mozarella and sundried tomato crostini on a rocket salad.
- Roast butternut squash soup infused with rosemary.
- Sage and parmesan arancini with sweet chilli sauce.
- Smoked salmon salad.
- Warm goats cheese, creme fraiche and caramelised red onion tart.
- Broccoli and bleu d'avergne soup
- Courgette wrapped falafel with tzatziki.
- Sharing platters local cheese and charcuterie platter.
- Baked mont d'or cheese with toasted bread brochettes.
- Morroccan cauliflower and cumin fritters with a lime yoghurt dip
- Coq au vin with creamy mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
- Beef carbonnade with a gruyere melt crouton, roast potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
- Smoky shredded chilli beef with tortilla wraps, fresh salsa salad and cucumber dip.
- Pork belly with braised red cabbage and apple compote.
- Fiery lamb shanks, with spring onion mashed potatoes and sauteed savoy cabbage.
- Chicken breast baked in dijon, dill, fennel and creme fraiche.
- Fillet of salmon with red pepper and hazelnut salsa served with brown basmati rice.
- Braised lamb with orange and saffron risotto.
- Confit duck with orange and star anise, served with noodles and charred fennel.
- Chicken breast stuffed with mozarella and prosciutto.
- Rump steak with a St Agur and shallot sauce and rosemary potatoes.
- Lemon and herb stuffed Pork Loin with an onion and madeira sauce.
- Seasoned fish skewers with basmati rice and caponata.
- Lamb cutlets with a honey and balsamic jus and pommes anna.
- Italian baked chicken with pepperoni, sun dried tomato gnocchi and mixed salad.
- Roasted Dorada (Sea Bream), salad and buttered new potatoes - summer only.
- Paella (mixed, seafood, chicken, veggie) - summer only.
- Chocolate and passion fruit tart.
- White chocolate cheesecake with a raspberry coulis.
- Sticky toffee pudding with a salt caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream.
- Tart au citron.
- Lemon meringue pie.
- Lemoncino panna cotta with chocolate ice cream.
- Chocolate and amaretto mousse.
- Lemon posset with shortbread.
- Croissant, white chocolate and whisky pudding with pouring cream.
- Key lime pie.
- Tarta de naranja and cinnamon mascarpone.
- Summer fruit tartlets with creme patissiere.
- Chocolate mousse cake.
€45 per person per night for evenings only - 3 course evening meal including wine plus a cheese platter. We include half a bottle of wine per person per night in the price. We can, of course, arrange more should you require it.
Don't forget - if you book 3 nights from the Delight menu, as a little extra to welcome you, Dan is offering free pre-dinner canapes/pintxos and a glass of kir petillant on your first night of catering for free!
- Wild mushroom, orange and saffron arancini served with fresh mixed leaves.
- Smoked salmon and cream cheese roulade pomegranate dressed leaves.
- Baked scallops in puff pastry on a bed of cheddar leek.
- Roasted sweet pepper bruschetta with whipped goats cheese and caramelised shallot.
- Pan fried seabass fillet on a mint, fennel salad.
- Salmon tartare with creme fraiche and anouga.
- Mixed vegetable and fine herb terrine with grilled garlic bread and a balsamic reduction.
- Seabass fillet, fennel, lemon and dill risotto.
- Fillet of beef with brandy peppercorn and mushroom reduction, rosemary potatoes.
- Salmon en croute with a warm lemon and coriander quinoa salad and steamed mussels.
- Supreme of chicken with noilly prat vermouth beurre blanc, with fresh tagliatelli and rocket pesto.
- Pork tenderloin with pickled braised fennel, shiitake mushrooms and spinach with cannelini beans
- Magret of duck with spicy plum and rhubarb compote
- Rack of lamb with rucola and horseradish salsa, provencal vegetables.
- Lamb rump with salsa verde and potato gratin.
- Hot chocolate and cointreau fondant with white chocolate chantilly.
- White chocolate and cherry semifreddo with a dark fruit coulis.
- Kahlua, strawberry and banana flambee with mascarpone.
- Cointreau panna cotta with spiced mandarin jelly.
- Chocolate and tia maria ile flottante with a sesame, caramel tuile.
- White chocolate parfait with salt caramel.
- Coconut and jasmine panna cotta with stem ginger, papaya compote.
- Lime and mint tiramisu.
€60 per person per night for evenings only - 3 course evening meal including wine plus pre-dinner canapés and a cheese platter. We include half a bottle of wine per person per night in the price. We can, of course, arrange more should you require it.
Childrens menus are priced depending on the ages of the children and the number of adults in the group.
We know that it can be challenging to find something that suits all of the kids in your group so we try to be as flexible as we can. If you have specific requirements, call us to chat and we'll see what we can do.
- Spaghetti bolognaise
- Sausage and mash
- Pizza (choose your own toppings)
- Chicken nuggets with potato wedges
- Fish fingers with hand cut oven chips and peas
- Creamy bacon pasta
- Roast chicken dinner
- Fish pie
- Chocolate brownie with ice cream
- Banana split
- Mixed ice cream sundae
- Apple crumble with crème anglaise
- Chocolate mousse
- Fresh fruit salad with cream
- Crêpes with selected toppings
- Berry and yoghurt crunch.
If you book 3 evenings of catering (or more!) why not treat yourself to freshly prepared breakfasts too? Dan can have a healthy and hearty breakfast ready for when you wake up, and will even clear up the kitchen and lock your villa for you if you're heading out early to make the most of the day.
The SoCal breakfast is bursting with bright colours, fresh flavours and natural goodness to fuel your holiday adventures!
You can expect:
A super fresh, vibrant smoothie bowl bursting with goodness every day plus a selection of hot breakfast specials.
Fresh wholemeal bread with butter and jams.
Cereals, yoghurt, OJ, tea and coffee.
Starting from €10 per person, this has to be the best breakfast in Aquitaine!
To give you an idea of what Dan can offer, here's how it works:
- Choose from the Classics, Delight or Celebration menu for anything from 3 to 6 nights of your stay!
- If you book 3 nights from the Delight menu, as a little extra to welcome you, Dan is offering free pre-dinner canapes/pintxos and a glass of kir petillant on your first night of catering for free!
- If you book 3 nights of catering beginning on your arrival day, Dan can welcome you to your villa with a delicious meal and can even make sure the kitchen is stocked with groceries (supplement and price of groceries applies).
- If you book 3 nights or more of catering and fancy having your breakfast prepared for you too, there's a brand new product for 2017 - the SoCal Summer breakfast! Enjoy chilled out mornings and give your body the best start to the day with a delicious spread.
Think of this as a 'dinner party' in your villa - Dan will agree with you a set starter / main course / dessert rather than a menu of choices. You can discuss your preferences with Dan including any dietary requirements.
- Book direct with Dan - agree your menu at least 1 week before the holiday
- 50% non-refunfable deposit via BACS, balance paid at least 1 week before the holiday
- Minimum 3 dinners per week, maximum 6 dinners per week
- Minimum 4 guests
- Kids' meals can be provided separately
- Prices include cleaning up afterwards!